Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Our vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe mixes black beans and rice and are a TexMex favourite. They are made with Fat Man Chilli Scorchio sauce – just right sweet, spicy and vinegar taste. This recipe also freezes like a dream.
TexMex Stuffed Peppers
A batch of the rice mix makes 8 stuffed pepper halves. At the start of each month, prepare a batch. Eat half and freeze half for later in the month. On that night when you get home from work and cannot face cooking, pop them in the oven on 170C straight from the freezer (covered with foil) for about 40 minutes then uncover and brown at 190C.
Top Tip: We use Waitrose Brown Basmati, Red Camargue and Wild Rice. The extra texture of the red and wild rice is delightful.
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium bell peppers cut in half, de-stemmed and de-seeded
- 200 grams cooked rice cook to package instructions
- 2 cans black beans 410g cans, beans drained and rinsed
- 125 grams spring onions ends removed, small dice
- 300 ml soured cream
- 25 ml Fat Man Chilli Scorchio Sauce more or less depending on your tastes
- 150 grams shredded cheese Monterey Jack, Edam or Cheddar all work
- 50 grams coriander leaves picked and minced
- Green Salad
- Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Cook the rice to package instructions
- Drain and rinse the black beans
- In a large mixing bowl (we used a Pyrex 3 Litre), combine rice and beans.
- Add the spring onion, coriander and cheese.
- Add the soured cream .
- Add Fat Man Chilli Scorchio Sauce to taste.
- Combine well.
- Stuff the pepper halves and place in baking dish. One large baking dish to make them all at once or portion them out as desired.
- Cover peppers with aluminium foil.
- Bake, covered in oven at 190C fan for 20 – 30 minutes until the peppers are soft. Uncover and bake until tops have browned.
- Serve with accompaniments as desired.