Maple BBQ Sweet Potatoes
Maple BBQ Sweet Potatoes make a brilliant side dish to just about any BBQ. If you overcook your meat a wee bit, no one will notice with a side of Maple BBQ Sweet Potatoes to provide soft, sweet, buttery goodness.
We pair this with our Yogurt Marinated Chicken.
Low & Slow
Wrapping the sweet potatoes in aluminium foil with some garlic butter will keep them from burning. Barbecue them on the top shelf because you want them soft – not crisp. Mash up the sweet potatoes with a bit of maple syrup (we recommend Waitrose 1 Canadian Maple Syrup) and serve. Simple, smokey and delicious.
This recipe is written per person so you can scale it up or down as required. Also, if you are serving this as part of a picnic or BBQ buffet, people might eat a bit less.
Maple Sweet Potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into a large dice
- 10 grams garlic butter Lurpak
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or more to taste
- 1 pinch Maldon Sea Salt
- Light the BBQ.
- Set out a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the foil and add butter.
- Wrap up so that there is room for the air around the sweet potatoes.
- BBQ until cooked through, a bit brown but not charred. (See Tip)
- Open the packet and test with a tip of a knife.
- Tip the sweet potatoes and butter into a ramekin or serving dish.
- Stir in the maple syrup and salt to taste.