Cheats Korean Spinach
I can hear my friend Crystal laughing at this one as it is far from authentic Korean. It is a 100% American hack but it is so fast and tastes pretty close to a proper cold Korean Spinach salad.
You can use 500g frozen spinach and get about 4 servings so easy to batch “cook”. Serve cold. It is much better with toasted sesame seeds but I was in a hurry so just used plain in these photos.
- 500 grams frozen leaf spinach , thawed, drained
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce , Kikkomon or other Japanese style soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- Thaw and drain the spinach (preferably overnight)
- Using kitchen towel, squeeze as much water as possible out of the spinach
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and garlic salt (if using)
- Pour the sauce over the spinach and using clean hands, massage into the spinach.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry non-stick fry pan until golden brown.
- Portion the spinach and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds