Just like with guacamole, I do not spice this salsa because it is used with meat and bean dishes that are already spicy. This is meant to be a fresh tasting, cooling, tomato salsa. It is best in summer with tomatoes from the garden.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 6 tomatoes fresh, best quality you can afford
- 2 spring onions diced
- 1 handful coriander leaves picked, minced
- 1 squeeze lime juice about half a lime
- 1 pinch salt if required
- 1 pinch sugar if required
- Cut the tomatoes in half and deseed using a grapefruit spoon.
- Dice the tomato flesh into small dice and tip into a bowl.
- Add sliced spring onion, coriander and italian salad dressing
- Taste and adjust seasoning with sugar and salt as required.