How to Make Blueberry Syrup
Once you know how easy and versatile Blueberry Syrup is, you’ll be making it all of the time. Not only does it make a fantastic Blueberry Lime Spritzer but it’s also delicious on our fluffy American Buttermilk Pancakes for a special Pancake Day. Even the pulp gets used in our Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. In pretty Kilner bottles, this syrup makes a lovely (and inexpensive) homemade gift.
Kilner Bottles from Amazon.co.uk
American Blueberry Syrup for Pancakes & more
- 400 grams blueberries frozen
- 250 ml water
- 500 grams sugar caster
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water and frozen blueberries.
- On a medium heat, bring the ingredients together until the sugar dissolves.
- With a spoon (not wooden – the blueberries might stain it. Silicone or stainless steel is best) or a potato masher, break up the blueberries.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5 minutes until the syrup starts to thicken. Let cool for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the syrup.
- Reserve the pulp for Blueberry Baked Oatmeal.
- Store the syrup in sterilised Kilner bottles.