The vegetable side dish of choice for us at Thanksgiving is spicy corn. Super easy and yummy! It the perfect spicy friend to our sweet potatoes and true to the season as corn is a Native American food staple.
American Spicy Corn
- 750 grams sweetcorn kernels
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 handful coriander
- 25 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Drain the corn (if canned) or thaw (if frozen).
- Dice the red pepper and mince the coriander.
- Warm corn and red pepper in a saucepan on the hob over a low heat.
- Add butter, garlic salt and cayenne to the corn and stir until butter has melted.
- Stir in coriander and serve.