At the start of every month, we make up a batch of this Flapjack Granola. Our granola is no fruit, all nuts, super easy and stores beautifully. It is the best granola recipe we have ever developed.
Hands down, this is our best granola recipe. It is like a huge flapjack crumbled up to be granola. Tate & Lyle’s Golden Syrup gives this granola a deep sweet moreish delightful taste. You can, however, substitute honey if you prefer.
Best Granola Recipe
We prefer homemade granola because we are definitely a ‘no fruit granola’ household. The closest we get to fruit and granola are these amazing Raspberry Oat Squares.
Our granola is just oats, nuts, spices and sweet stuff. We top fresh fruit with Greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of our best granola for a quick and easy breakfast.
- 200 grams rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 50 grams walnuts chopped
- 50 grams almonds chopped
- 50 grams light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 pinch salt Maldon sea salt preferred
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 100 grams golden syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, walnuts, almonds, brown sugar and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil and golden syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the syrup.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and quickly stir in vanilla extract.
- MIx the liquid into the dry ingredients and fold until the oats are well covered.
- Spread out in one layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (you don’t want this to stick!)
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes until golden brown. Stir once to during baking to ensure even cooking.
- Let cool. Then crumble and store in an airtight container.