How to top a bagel
Bagels not only make great sandwiches but a warm, chewy bagel is a brunch treat when topped with a slab of Jif Peanut Butter, Lurpak Spreadable or this delightful Walnut Cream Cheese. We always suggest using Philly Cream Cheese – full fat or light – for best results.
One weekend a month we focus on good quality, homemade bread goods. I love sesame seed bagels and we use this recipe for American NYC-style bagels. Topped with walnut cream cheese, they are a brunch favourite!
Walnut Cream Cheese
- 180 grams cream cheese Philadelphia Original full fat
- 50 grams walnuts roughly chopped, be ok with some big pieces for crunch
- 2 tablespoons honey runny honey, you might use less if you like it less sweet
- Let the cream cheese soften a smidge whilst you chop the walnuts and find the runny honey.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the honey and cream cheese. Taste to see if it is sweet enough for you.
- Then fold in the walnuts and spread on some lovely, fresh bagels.