Easy Pulled Pork Recipe
This easy pulled pork recipe can be served up for dinner, Taco Tuesday, family picnics and more!
Pulled Pork Southern Style
Serve your pulled pork in a pile or as a sandwich and serve with
Pork Carnitas Burrito
Add a can of drained black beans to the pork and stuff a flour wrap. Top with guacamole and salsa (we like the Gran Luchito green salsa).
Pulled Pork Pasta
Have leftover pulled pork? We cleaned out the vegetables in the fridge, tossed some leftover pulled pork, pasta, olive oil and butter together for a super quick supper.
Pulled Pork Recipe
- 8 kilos boneless, rolled pork shoulder ask your butcher for a Boston Butt
- 50 g light brown muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 red onions quartered
- 250 ml fresh squeezed orange juice (4 oranges)
Prepare the Pork
- Put all of the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl and mix
- Rub it all over the scored fat
- Heat oven to 200C
- In a huge roasting pan, double foil for easy clean up
- Cover base with peeled and quartered red onions so that the pork rests on top of the onions (not on the bottom of the pan)
- Pour orange juice into the bottom of the pan to cover the onions
- Cover tightly with foil. Double cover to wrap that pork up like a little baby.
- Cook 200C for about an hour.
- Turn oven down to 160C and slow roast the pork for 8 – 12 hours
- Check every 4 hours and if gone dry, add a bit of water to the bottom of the pan
Finishing the Pork
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes
- Pull apart the pork with two forks
- Fry about 1/3 of the pork in the juices to have crispy bits or BBQ about 1/3 of the pork to get smokey crispy bits