Guacamole, Smashed Avocado
Spicy food, especially TexMex, needs a cooling element. This recipe is great because it is simple and adaptable based on how ripe your avocados are and what the use is. I like it chunky for chilli and smooth for sandwiches.
There are plenty of uses for this Guacamole including the following:
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1 handful coriander leaves picked
- 20 sprig chives can replace with 2 spring onions if necessary
- 1 lime
- Using a grapefruit spoon, spoon out the soft avocado flesh into a bowl and mash it to the desired consistency.
- Stir in coriander, chives and squeeze the juice of the lime into the bowl.
- Taste and add salt if required.