Quick, Hearty Bean & Quinoa Salad
This is assembly rather than cooking. The simplicity is part of the charm. If you haven’t had the chance to plan your meals ahead, you can pick up all of the ingredients for this salad and then just toss everything together for a quick lunch for two.
Hearty Bean & Quinoa Salad
- quinoa ready to eat, we use Merchant brand
- 100 grams spinach ready washed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions diced
- 1 pepper any colour, diced
- 1 handful coriander leaves picked, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin, salad quality oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- salt preferably Maldon
- Make the quinoa to package instructions
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside
- Drain and rinse the beans. Tip into a medium bowl.
- Add pepper, spring onions and coriander.
- Add the quinoa to the black beans. Add dressing and stir to combine.
- Place spinach leaves in serving container and top with the bean and quinoa mixture.