Juicy BBQ chicken requires a good marinade. Whizz these few ingredients together, stir into some greek yogurt and nestle your chicken breasts in for at least four hours (preferably overnight).
Depending on your barbecue, cooking time will vary widely. The biggest mistake related to Barbecue Chicken is cooking the meat on too high of a heat. I cook these on medium-low heat on a gas BBQ until the meat is cooked through then turn them up a bit to char the outside. To make sure the chicken is cooked through, I just cut into the largest part of the breast and take a look.
This marinade also works for BBQ lamb chops.
Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- 2 small birds eye chilis tops cut off
- 50 grams coriander
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 150 grams Greek Yogurt full fat
- 4 medium chicken breasts trimmed
- Using a stick blender or food processor, whizz chilis, coriander, garlic cloves and lemon juice.
- Stir herb mixture into yogurt.
- Nestle chicken breasts into the marinade.
- Marinate in the fridge for 4 - 12 hours.
- Cook on BBQ until a bit charred and cooked through.
- Serve with BBQ vegetable couscous (omit the halloumi).