At the first sign of a sniffle, make a batch of Spicy Chicken Soup to get you through. Adjust the amount of scotch bonnet to your tastes. Homemade chicken soup that’s even better than Mum makes that will kick a cold right out of you.
Spicy Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red or yellow peppers cut into strips
- 1/4 scotch bonnet adjust as necessary
- 500 ml vegetarian stock Oxo brand preferred for this recipe
- 1 large handful coriander minced
- 10 grams garlic butter Lurpak
- 100 grams chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- In a medium saucepan with a lid, heat the olive oil on low heat.
- Add garlic butter and onions, put lid on pan and cook on low until translucent, sweet but not brown.
- Add peppers and scotch bonnet. Cook until peppers are soft. You can remove the scotch bonnet at this time or mash it in for a hotter soup.
- Add the chicken and stock. Bring to a simmer. This does taste better if it sits for a few hours to blend the flavours and re-heated gently on low.
- Add in coriander just before serving.