How to Make Peach Iced Tea
In Georgia, peaches are in season from May to August. A whole summer of these sweet fruits growing everywhere is why Georgia Peach Iced Tea is synonymous with the hot summer months and BBQs.
Is there anything better than sitting in the shade of a tree on a hot, dusty, summer day with a fruity cold drink? Bliss.
Georgia Peach Tea
- 2 ripe peaches
- 250 ml water
- 250 grams sugar caster
- 4 Twinings English Breakfast Tea
- 750 ml water boiling
- sliced peaches to serve
- ice to serve
Make the tea
- Put the tea bags and boiling water in a jug
- Steep for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and let the tea cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine 250ml water, sugar and 2 peaches thinly sliced.
- Bring to boil and mash about the peaches so they dissolve and cook into the sugar water.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 40 minutes.
- Slice additional peaches into 10 - 20 slices and put on a baking tray in the freezer to chill and use as garnish for serving.
- Combine peach syrup and tea.
- If using a drinks dispenser, then top up the dispenser with ice. Put additional peach slices in glasses with a few cubes of ice and pour over the tea.
- If using glasses, fill each glass halfway with ice, one or two frozen peach slices and top up with the flavoured tea.