Delicious side dish of sweet and spicy roast sweet potatoes that goes perfectly with tostadas or black bean burgers.
Roast Sweet Potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato , peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper , more if you like it spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander , fresh, leaves picked and minced
- Mix vegetable oil, cayenne pepper and brown sugar in a small bowl until well combined and there are no sugar lumps.
- Cover sweet potatoes with the spicy sweet oil.
- Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on baking tray lined with parchment or a small, glass roasting dish.
- Roast in 180C fan oven until cooked through and charred on edges (about 20 minutes depending on the size of your diced sweet potato).
- Turn once during roasting.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve immediately,