Raspberry Bars are a cross between a granola bar and a fruit crumble. They are perfect for a pack lunch or as a treat with an afternoon cuppa.
Easy to make, portable and capable of feeding a crowd, we often make these for picnics, potlucks and parties. If you have pulp leftover from Raspberry Lemonade then use this to replace or mix it into the jam.
Raspberry Oat Bars
- 75 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar caster
- 25 grams light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 340 grams jam raspberry
- 150 grams plain flour
- 75 grams oats
- Prepare a 8x8 glass dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 180C (fan)
- In a medium bowl, add butter and microwave to soften.
- Mix in caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and oats. Stir to combine.
- Spoon 2/3 of the oatmeal mixture into the pan and press into the pan with your fingers.
- Spoon the jam evenly overtop of the oatmeal.
- Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the jam. (Chunks of crumble are totally acceptable!)
- Bake for about 30 minutes until brown on the edges.
- Let cool before cutting into either rectangles or wedges.