Death by chocolate. The best dessert ever. One piece is enough. Perfect with coffee.
These are just some of the ways these American fudge brownies have been described.
Top Tip: make them in a muffin tin for portion control. Sort of like a fondant with the frosting on top.
Grandpa used to say 2x frosting to brownie was about the right ratio.
American Fudge Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix , Betty Crocker 415g
- 1 egg
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 75 ml water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 25 grams butter , melted
- 750 grams icing sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- Mix and bake brownies to package instructions using egg, oil and water.
- In Kitchenmaid mixer make the frosting by mixing the melted butter, sweetened condensed milk and cocoa on low speed.
- Slowly mix in the icing sugar (so that it doesn't spray all over the kitchen) until stiff. Pour over cooled brownies.