Delicious side dish of sweet and spicy roast sweet potatoes that goes perfectly with tostadas or black bean burgers.
- 1 medium sweet potato , peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper , more if you like it spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander , fresh, leaves picked and minced
Mix vegetable oil, cayenne pepper and brown sugar in a small bowl until well combined and there are no sugar lumps.
Cover sweet potatoes with the spicy sweet oil.
Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on baking tray lined with parchment or a small, glass roasting dish.
Roast in 180C fan oven until cooked through and charred on edges (about 20 minutes depending on the size of your diced sweet potato).
Turn once during roasting.
Remove from oven. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve immediately,