This simple recipe is perfect for after work. Toss it all in the oven and let it bake while doing homework, sorting laundry or sipping a glass of wine. It is also a great way to use frozen cod fillets so you can always have the ingredients to hand.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams baby potatoes , diced
- 1 small white onion , diced
- 1 medium bell pepper , diced, we used a yellow one
- 4 frozen cod fillets , thawed
- 5 grams dried basil
- 1 handful black olives , dried, chopped in half
- 12 small cherry tomatoes , halved
- In a medium roasting tin, add the diced baby potatoes and drizzle with the olive oil. Season well and roast at 190F (fan oven) until taking on a bit of colour (about 10 minutes)
- Add onion and bell pepper to roasting tin, stir together to flip the potatoes. Return to oven for further 10 minutes
- Make room in the roasting tin for the cod fillets (we used 4 small frozen ones).
- Drizzle cod fillets with a bit of olive oil and some dried basil. Top with the chopped olives and return to the oven until the fillets have cooked through (15 - 20 minutes).
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven. Plate the potatoes.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the roasting tin and stir through the juices in the pan.
- Serve cod, olives and tomatoes on top of the potatoes.