Minimal effort but all of the joy of peppermint, chocolate and cream. This recipe transforms a simple store bought pack of Oreos into a delicious minty treat. Perfect as an after dinner nibble with coffee or package up with a pretty ribbon and give away.
- 2 157 g packages Oreos I prefer "double stuff oreos" for this recipe
- 150 grams Cooking Chocolate Lindt 51% dark is my favourite
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mint candy crushed
- Prepare baking sheets to cool the cookies by lining them with parchment and set aside.
- Crush the mint candy by putting it in a plastic bag and beating with with rolling pin, back of spoon or meat tenderiser to crush into small decorative pieces.
- Put a saucepan on the stove, about 1/3 full of water and bring to simmer.
- Place chocolate in a Pyrex bowl on the simmering water and let the chocolate melt.
- Add vegetable oil (to thin the chocolate) and peppermint extract.
- Dip each Oreo individually and cover with chocolate.
- Remove from chocolate with fork, shake off excess chocolate, sprinkle on some crushed mint candy and cool on parchment.