Who doesn’t love a crumble?? This no mix pineapple cherry crumble is a super easy alternative to pineapple upside-down cake. This recipe uses what’s in your pantry so it is unlikely that you are ever missing a required ingredient.
We used a ramekin for ours but this makes a wonderful traybake for feeding a group. Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Pineapple Cherry Crumble
- 435 grams crushed pineapple canned
- 410 grams cherry fruit filling we used Prince's
- 100 grams pecans chopped finely
- 100 grams butter Lurpak, cut in cubes
- 400 grams plain flour
- 15 grams baking powder
- 300 grams sugar caster preferred
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix ingredients.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C (fan)
- In a prepared 9x13 pan, spread the pineapple and all its juice on the bottom of the dish.
- On top of that, spread the cherry fruit filling.
- Sprinkle nuts over the fruit.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit & nuts.
- Slice the butter and place on top of the cake mix.
- Bake until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Server warm or room temperature with cream, ice cream or custard.