American Cinnamon Syrup Recipe
The warmth of cinnamon all bottled up! Cinnamon syrup has so many uses. From October to March, we make at least one batch a month. Top pancakes or stir into a chai tea latte. It also makes a great homemade gift for the foodies in your life.
American Cinnamon Syrup for Pancakes, Porridge & more
Cinnamon Syrup is delicious on porridge or stirred into hot milk and tea for an easy chai latte. You can also use cinnamon syrup to flavour this cranberry & orange holiday punch. We adore this on top Las Vegas Carrot Cake Pancakes which are part of our annual Pancake Day feast.
In pretty Kilner bottles, cinnamon syrup makes a brilliant homemade gift. Make sure that your bottles have been sterilised. Add a ribbon and a personalised recipe card and you are good to go!
- 750 grams sugar caster or granulated
- 250 grams light brown muscovado sugar
- 2 litres water
- 6 sticks cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients and stir until boiling.
- Boil for about five minutes until the syrup starts to thicken. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Leave to cool and infuse for at least 2 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Decant into sterilised bottles for storage.