Sweet Iced Tea
Sweet Iced Tea is a staple in the American South. Gallons of it are drunk daily from Kentucky to Texas to Arizona. Brewed sweet tea is much better than instant sweet tea. When you go to a restaurant or diner in the USA, it is totally acceptable to ask whether the iced tea is brewed or instant. If instant, go with a Coke.
Make it with Twining’s
Sweet Tea is extra special in the UK because of Twinings English Breakfast Tea. It is so much better than Lipton (the common brand in the USA). Unfortunately, hot tea with milk is sacred in the UK and many people won’t try this iced alternative. However, sweet iced tea is delicious, especially during the week of summer we get every year.
In summer, make 5L of sweet tea for summer BBQ or picnic and just top up everyone’s glass throughout the day. The Mason Jar Mug completes the American feel and is available from Amazon.co.uk.
- 1 bag Twinings English Breakfast Tea
- 250 ml water boiling
- simple syrup to taste
- slices or wedges lemon to serve
- 1 handful ice to serve
- Brew the tea bag in the hot water for about 15 minutes
- Remove tea bag. Add simple syrup to taste.
- Pour into a highball or Mason jar, filling the glass about half full.
- Top up with ice and slice of lemon.
- Sip and enjoy!