How to make cinnamon syrup
The warmth of cinnamon all bottled up! Cinnamon syrup has so many uses. From October to March, we make at least one batch a month. Top pancakes or stir into a chai tea latte. It also makes a great homemade gift for the foodies in your life.
How to use cinnamon syrup
Cinnamon Syrup is delicious on porridge or stirred into hot milk and tea for an easy chai latte. You can also use cinnamon syrup to flavour this cranberry & orange holiday punch. We adore this on top Las Vegas Carrot Cake Pancakes which are part of our annual Pancake Day feast.
In pretty Kilner bottles, cinnamon syrup makes a brilliant homemade gift. Make sure that your bottles have been sterilised. Add a ribbon and a personalised recipe card and you are good to go!
- 750 grams sugar caster or granulated
- 250 grams light brown muscovado sugar
- 2 litres water
- 6 sticks cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients and stir until boiling.
- Boil for about five minutes until the syrup starts to thicken. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Leave to cool and infuse for at least 2 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Decant into sterilised bottles for storage.