American Peanut Butter Cookies
Get chunky if you would like a cookie with little peanut bits or smooth for a biscuit that will melt in your mouth.
Servings: 24 cookies
- 75 grams butter
- 100 grams peanut butter Choose Jif
- 150 grams sugar caster
- 50 grams light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 185 grams plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar granulated
Cream together butter, caster sugar and brown sugar.
Mix milk and egg.
Add this mixture and the vanilla extract to the creamed butter and sugar.
Combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt and add to the liquid mixture.
Roll dough into balls.
Flatten with fork in a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Bake at 190 C for 8 minutes until brown.
Let cool and eat with a glass of cold milk.