Pack these Ranger Cookies for your next outdoor walk or ramble. They also make a great treat for scouts and school fetes.
Servings: 36 cookies
- 125 grams butter
- 100 grams light brown muscovado sugar
- 200 grams sugar caster
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200 grams oatmeal quick cook is best
- 200 grams Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
Cream together butter, brown sugar and caster sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla extract.
Mix flour, soda, salt in a bowl and add to the liquid mixture.
Add oatmeal, Rice Krispies and coconut.
Use a teaspoon to drop the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
Bake at 175 C for 12 minutes until golden.