Kidney Bean & Rice Salad
Perfect for a picnic or a hearty lunch. This salad is herby and tart from the dressing and tastes better when you keep it in the fridge overnight. Eat chilled or at room temperature. Dairy, wheat and nut free plus it makes 6 – 8 generous servings so perfect for potluck. Make this part of your #halfcuphabit.
Red Bean & Rice Salad
- 200 grams brown rice cook to package instructions and set aside to cool
- 2 medium bell peppers coloured - red, yellow or orange
- 1 bunch spring onions finely diced
- 2 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 125 grams baby spinach fresh, washed and patted dry with kitchen towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin olive oil
- 30 grams rocket
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Food processor
- Cook rice to package instructions and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, add the kidney beans, peppers and spring onions.
- Mix the dressing by putting all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend to liquid.
- Add rice to the large bowl, stir in the dressing. Chill overnight.
- To serve, scatter the spinach over a serving dish and pile the bean and rice salad evenly.